Vanessa Major joined De Man Pillet in 2014. She advises clientele in all matters relating to maritime and transportation law as well as in civil and commercial litigation matters.
Vanessa acts as counsel and lead-counsel to a wide range of clients including importers and exporters, bunker suppliers, shipping lines, freight forwarders and marine insurers. She has experience dealing with marine cargo claims in addition to ship arrests, marine insurance coverage issues and charterparty disputes.
Vanessa’s practice also includes handling matters concerning the carriage of goods by rail, truck and by air.
Vanessa represents clients at all levels of the Quebec provincial Courts as well as before the Federal Court of Canada.
- B.A. McGill University, 2008
- LL.B. Université de Sherbrooke, 2012
Year of call
- Quebec Bar, 2014
- Insurance Law
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Maritime Law
- Transportation Law
- Canadian Maritime Law Association
- Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA)
French, English and Spanish